This winter wedding was nothing short of romantic, rustic, woodsy, sparkly, and glowing. It was perfect, Shelby and Brodee! When you get married on December 16 in South Dakota, you pray for no blizzard. Well, the weather was great and your wedding reception was set to make people feel warm and cozy! Here’s 10 things you need to know when planning a winter wedding in rural South Dakota.
Hitch Studio had the honor of decorating the wedding reception for Shelby and Brodee at the Swiftel Center in Brookings, SD. Take a look at some of her special details:
- Painted sticks from their yard
- A whiskey barrel to hold their cake
- A hot chocolate bar (complete with marshmallows, crushed peppermint, and shots of Bailey’s if you wanted yours spiked!)
- A painted wood slab with their new last name
- Crystal trees with engagement photo ornaments on them
- Adorable favors and Hershey kisses at each table
- A hand-made letter “L” to hang above their head table
- A guest book made of birch
Hitch Studio added to her personal decor with wedding styling elements like:
- Rose gold sequin runners
- Plum purple sequin runners
- Head table design with wood/stick runners and a pine garland wreath
- Rose gold lanterns
- Ivory lanterns with eucalyptus accents
- Lots of sticks and wood slabs
- Rustic elements like antlers
- A birch archway to accent their grand entrance
- Tons of candles for that romantic glow
If you’re looking for help finding recommended wedding vendors, planning your big day, or even wanting someone else to set up and take down your reception decorations (so your family isn’t doing it at midnight), we’re your contact. For Shelby and Brodee, for example, we decorated their wedding reception venue on Friday so they could come and take a look before the rehearsal on Friday night! We were there on Saturday to light the candles, take photos, put the cake out, and start displaying the oyster crackers and cream cheese mints so they were ready when social hour started. We also were there to get the donuts and donut holes and keep them stored until it was time to put them out for dessert. We were at Shelby’s ceremony to move the guest book, card box, programs, gifts, unity cord, and In Memory bouquet from GracePoint Wesleyan to her reception.
We have two wedding planners on staff at Hitch Studio and an event styling team full of hard-working helpers with an eye for design and efficiency to get everything placed exactly how you want it.
Hitch Studio is the perfect “behind the scenes” helper that you need to make your day less stressful.
If you’re having a winter wedding in South Dakota (or even Minnesota), we’re happy to help you with wedding planning, wedding coordinating, or wedding styling and decorating. Take a look at our extensive wedding decoration options online and start picturing your winter wedding with Hitch Studio!