Flexible elegance, for events worth remembering. That is our wish for you on your special day. It is all about making memories without the added stress of your venue. At the Old Sanctuary, we strive to help you make your dreams come true. Old Sanctuary was previously the St. Thomas More Catholic Church. The church, built in 1952-53, is the second of two Catholic churches that sat at the corner of 4th Street and Medary Avenue that gives you a breathtaking view out of the elements.
- Location — The Old Sanctuary is located at 928 4th Street, Brookings, South Dakota.
- Capacity — Your reception can comfortably hold between 50-350 people, we can bring that intimate and family-like atmosphere to gatherings of any size.
- Rentals included/Amenities — We have 320 chairs, 18 eight foot tables, 30 six foot tables, 24 five foot round tables, 2 four foot round tables and 8 cocktail tables.
- Alcohol policy — Though no outside alcohol is allowed, we offer a great assortment of beers and wine. If you have a favorite and we don’t carry it we will do our very best to get it for you.
- Parking — There are parking spots all around the corner of 4th Street and Medary Ave. for easy access to the building.
- Handicap accessibility — The Old Sanctuary makes sure that all guests are welcome and provides handicap accessibility along with convenient parking in the alley and lot, along with side streets.
- Catering — Feel free to bring in your favorite food as open catering allows you the caterer of your choice.
- Flexibility — We know that having your dreams come true takes months of planning and you shouldn’t be expected to rush that dream with a fast set up & tear down. When you book your reservation here at the Old Sanctuary you get three days. Friday, come in any time after 8am for the set up and decorating. This day is always so much fun as you see all your dreams come together. You’re welcome to turn the music up and enjoy the day with very little stress. Staff is on hand to help with small and large details that make your day so special. Saturday is the BIG day and that should be your only focus. Sunday, come back and open gifts here if you choose, have a brunch if you like, and then clean up.
- Contact Info — To make your dream reception come true call Kathy Lesnar at (605) 692-4859 or email@example.com. Also check out our website www.oldsanctuary.com and like us on our facebook page.
Take a look at some of the weddings and events Hitch Studio has decorated there. It’s a beautiful space with fabric and lights hung from the ceiling that come with the space if you wish!
For more information on this venue or others in Brookings, contact Hitch Studio, the wedding planners in Brookings South Dakota. We love working with the Old Sanctuary and can recommend the best venue for your wedding!