Owner of Hitch Studio • Certified Wedding Planner (CWP) • Certified Wedding Venue Professional (CWVP) • Author of the Wedding Day Designer
Wedding stylist, invitation designer, and go-getter, I started Hitch Studio in early 2014. I am joyfully obsessed with wedding details! When we meet, it’s like you’re sitting down with a great friend to tell me all about your wedding! And I love every minute of it.
My experience with wedding planning and design runs deep as I’ve been a part of the industry since I graduated from South Dakota State University (SDSU) in 2005 and started my very first wedding invitation design business in 2006. (It was called Copper Ink Design, in case you were wondering.) Since then, my first business evolved into an amazing joint venture with business partner, Carrie Kuhl to form Hitch Studio! In 2019, after five successful years, Carrie and I decided to focus on our own divisions and split into two growing and fully-functioning independent businesses. Carrie specializes in graphic design and website design in her business, UpFrame Creative. I love her so much and have so much to thank her for.
I am a strong believer in giving back to my community. I am involved with Masterminds, the Brookings Chamber of Commerce Board, the Area Development Corporation Board, and occasionally give guest lectures to SDSU classes. I am a graduate of the Dakota Rising Fellowship program and in past years, I served on the Women In Leadership & Learning (WILL) board, taught at SDSU, and have volunteered my time in many other ways. Beyond running a small business and mentoring my employees (I truly have the servant heart of a teacher), I enjoy hiking, biking, yoga, traveling, concerts, and spending time with friends (the best ever), and family (my amazing husband Jon, our sweet son Rhett, and our energetic dog, Bailey). A special thank you to my husband and parents: You have done more than support this dream of mine. You’ve helped me hang bistro lights, take down weddings until 2 a.m., assemble shelves, drive across the state with me, decorate tables...the list is endless. But the most important piece is that you care for our son so I can work late nights and weekends doing what I love. I truly couldn’t do this without you.
There is so much love and gratitude in my life.
5 Interesting Things About Me:
- I was born in a snowstorm and my doctor had to cross-country ski into the hospital to deliver me. I guess I’ve never been one for putting things off for too long.
- Every day of my professional career, I’ve had a desk drawer full of sweets. I love peanut butter M&Ms and Oreos.
- I try to listen to 24+ audiobooks per year. I’m a perpetual learner and genuine nerd.
- My favorite things as a kid were Ninja Turtles, a cash register, and playing American Gladiators with my brother. I cried if I got dolls.
- As much as I love making sure you have the wedding of your dreams, I truly hope your marriage is even more beautiful than your wedding. I have always valued that sentiment, but especially after my own vows in 2017.