Owner of Hitch Studio • Certified Wedding Planner (CWP) • Certified Wedding Venue Professional (CWVP) • Author of the Wedding Day Designer
OFFICIAL BIO: Renee Bauman started Hitch Studio in early 2014, where she loves planning weddings and designing custom wedding invitations. She also gets so much gratification from mentoring and caring for each team member on staff, including three Certified Wedding + Venue Planners. She graduated from South Dakota State University (SDSU) in 2005 and started her very first wedding invitation design business in 2006, so she is an entrepreneur through and through. Renee is a strong believer in giving back to her community. She is involved with a Masterminds group and volunteers with the Area Development Corporation Board, and occasionally gives guest lectures to SDSU classes because she is a teacher and giver at heart. She is also the author of the Wedding Day Designer, a wedding planning guidebook.
EXTENDED BIO: Wedding stylist, invitation designer, and go-getter, Renee Bauman started Hitch Studio in early 2014. I am joyfully obsessed with wedding details! When we meet, it’s like you’re sitting down with a great friend to tell me all about your wedding! And I love every minute of it.
My experience with wedding planning and design runs deep as I’ve been a part of the industry since I graduated from South Dakota State University (SDSU) in 2005 and started my very first wedding invitation design business in 2006 (Copper Ink Design). Alongside a business partner (Carrie Kuhl), Hitch Studio grew into three full-functioning businesses and in 2019, I became 100% owner of Hitch Studio. Since then, I’ve grown the team and the reach of Hitch Studio and have authored the Wedding Day Designer, a wedding planning guidebook, modeled after the checklists I made for my own wedding.
I am a strong believer in giving back to my community. I am involved with Masterminds and the Area Development Corporation Board. I am a graduate of the Dakota Rising Fellowship program and in past years, I served on the Brookings Chamber of Commerce Board, Women In Leadership & Learning (WILL) board, taught at SDSU, and have volunteered my time in many other ways. Beyond running a small business and mentoring my employees, I enjoy hiking, biking, yoga, traveling, concerts, and spending time with friends (the best ever), and family (my amazing husband Jon, our sweet son Rhett, and our energetic dog, Bailey). A special thank you to my husband and parents: You have done more than support this dream of mine. You’ve helped me hang bistro lights, take down weddings until 2 a.m., assemble shelves, drive across the state with me, decorate tables...the list is endless. But the most important piece is that you care for our son so I can work late nights and weekends doing what I love. I truly couldn’t do this without you. There is so much love and gratitude in my life.
Six Interesting Things About Me:
- I was born in a snowstorm and my doctor had to cross-country ski into the hospital to deliver me. I guess I’ve never been one for putting things off for too long.
- Every day of my professional career, I’ve had a desk drawer full of sweets. I love peanut butter M&Ms and Oreos.
- I try to listen to 20+ audiobooks per year. I’m a perpetual learner and genuine nerd.
- My favorite things as a kid were Ninja Turtles, a cash register, and playing American Gladiators with my brother. I cried if I got dolls.
- I am a strong 1 on the Enneagram and my top three attributes in Strengthsfinder are Achiever, Maximizer, and Futuristic.
- As much as I love making sure you have the wedding of your dreams, I truly hope your marriage is even more beautiful than your wedding. I have always valued that sentiment, but especially after my own vows in 2017.