Frequently Asked Questions
Need more help? Contact us with your questions, we are happy to help!
A: We know this is your first question. Budgets are important. Our decorating rates start at $2150, but we would encourage you to give us a call or email us to set up a one-on-one appointment so you can give us a good feel for the services Hitch can help with. We’re only as involved as you need us to be, so in our complimentary meeting, you can tell us about everything you’ll want us to do to save you stress.
A: We are only as involved as you need us to be! If you have most of your wedding vendors booked, but you’re having trouble finding a string quartet, a photographer in your price range, and an on-site hair and makeup stylist, we’re happy to send you contacts for all of those! You can book your vendors – or we can. Some reasons you may want to consider hiring a wedding planner:
- If you aren’t able to get into your reception space until the day of your wedding and you know you’ll be short on time and help. Don’t stress. The Hitch team can set up your centerpieces and head table decorations for you!
- If you don’t really have an eye for centerpiece design or details. That’s fine! We’ll show you options for centerpieces and you pick what you love! We’ll give you options and you pick your favorite budget-friendly choice. Easy as that.
- If one of your main goals is to have FUN on your wedding day. Hire a wedding planner. We will be an informational clone of you. After all our meetings and communication, we’ll know where things go, who is supposed to be where, we know how you wanted the room layout, we know you wanted a special flower to lay by the memorial table, we’ll know how to dismiss your tables for the buffet, we’ll field the calls from your vendors so you don’t have to take calls while you’re getting your hair done, we’ll ask the questions you haven’t even thought to ask yet. We’ll check in with all of your vendors so they know what time and where to arrive and set up. You can take a deep breath because we just know. We’ve talked about it.
- If you have too many people (Moms? Aunts? Personal attendants?) who want to lead your day. If you need a ring master and someone to delegate tasks, hire Hitch. You may have the helpers, but we have the leadership skills…and YOUR best wishes at heart.
A: This is what we specialize in. We roll up our sleeves and do the work exactly how you planned it. We pack the totes full of decorations, we rent your “extras” if needed, we pick them up, drop them off, decorate, carry, hang lights, swoop fabric, light candles, put out cupcakes, make sure your flowers are fresh in the centerpieces, put down your dance floor, set up the chairs for your outdoor ceremony, tie on your pew bows for the aisle…and pack it all up and put it all away after your dance. Any rented decorations typically can’t be returned until Monday (when the store opens again). What family member wants to wait around with a dance floor in their truck until Monday? We do. We’ll return it all for you, no problem.
A: Yes, we travel! We’ve gone as far as three hours away, but we’re really up for anything! Did someone say Fiji? 🙂 We have a small mileage fee, but enjoy setting up at new places!
A: Of course! We’ll go through our wedding worksheets and you only mark the services of the things you’ll need help with. No packages full of services you didn’t want. Only a la carte options for you to choose. And yes, you can bring your own stuff that we’ll work into the centerpiece and room design. We WANT it to be personal for you!
A: A 50% down payment will book your date in our calendars! From there, we break it down into two payments leading up to the big day. The final payment isn’t due until 15 days after your wedding, so you have time to enjoy your honeymoon and relax without getting invoices in your inbox.
A: We have two options for choosing your centerpieces. You can either look at our gallery of centerpiece options online and show us what you love from Pinterest, photos, magazines, etc. From that inspiration, we’ll put together an awesome variety of centerpieces that you chose! We have several members of Hitch who have an eye for design! OR you can book a “centerpiece showcase” with Hitch! For a “centerpiece showcase”, we set up lots of centerpiece options we think you’d like based on what you’ve told us. Bring in your family and bridesmaids and help mix-and-match the elements until you love it! Maybe you decide that some of your centerpieces are tall, some are short, some have fresh flowers, some have silk, and maybe some use your grandmother’s vases. Together, we’ll decide how many of each design you like and what fits your budget. It’s one of our most popular services! This way, you’ll know exactly what to expect the day of your wedding.
A: Let’s get together and go through the Hitch wedding worksheets together. But at a basic level, Hitch Studio can do any/all of these services:
- Meet with you to learn exactly what you want your wedding day to be like
- Come with you to venue visits and walk-throughs (both ceremony and reception sites)
- Provide wedding etiquette advice and solutions
- Knows who the best vendors are – and which ones to avoid and send you options
- Help with budget, timelines, room layouts and more
- Bring big ideas to help inspire you – and ways we can make it happen
- Act as the liaison and point-of-contact for wedding vendors
- Help prepare a “rain plan” for your wedding day – and know when to start making those arrangements
- Decorate your guest tables, head table, outdoor patio, coordinate rentals, set it all up and take it all down.
- This is by far, not an encompassing list. We can do almost anything to help make your day less stressful. Just ask!