Rochelle and Dan were one of the couples who had a small ceremony in 2020, (completely downsized due to Covid), but who rescheduled for a 2021 large celebration. And that’s just what they had! Hitch Studio was so honored to be a part of their 2021 wedding in beautiful Custer State Park, South Dakota. And if that doesn’t answer your question, YES! We travel! Hitch Studio is located in Brookings, South Dakota, but travel to all parts of South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and even California last year.
Rochelle and Dan wrote a wonderful blog about “What it’s like to postpone your wedding” and it really pulls at your heart strings. But the best part? They got to have TWO wedding days, TWO days filled with love, just celebrated differently. Plus, now she has TWO sets of beautiful photos! Take a look at those below.
Believe me when I tell you, Rochelle thought of EVERYTHING for her 1-year celebration of “I do” redos. They even read their original vows to each other and then wrote vows about what they learned one year after marriage. It was so sweet! Their ceremony was held at the stunning Sylvan Lake and then just up the path held their indoor reception at the Custer Auditorium.
The thoughtful details I loved about Rochelle and Dan’s unique wedding:
- Rochelle brought shepherd’s hooks that we placed along the path when guests arrived at her ceremony. We hung lanterns and photos of the couple throughout their relationship on the hooks and it was so cute!
- Rochelle also packaged little packets of lavender that guests could throw after the ceremony. I hope those pictures turned out so cute because it was a great detail!
- They had little packaged mints with tags that said “Mint To Be” and champagne bottles full of chocolates as their favors. What better way to say “Happy 1-year anniversary”!?
- The donut WALL! Most people have a donut board. Rochelle and Dan had a donut wall and we loved it!
- Their head table backdrop was so elegant and personalized with the letter “S”. It’s one of the more daunting tasks when decorating a wedding, but Hitch Studio set it up perfectly!
- Activity books and crayons for the kids. So thoughtful!
- On each charger and napkin was a fun menu/activity/well-wishes card for each guest to fill out. They turned a menu card (which usually gets thrown away) into a keepsake for them! Guests could fill out the back side with advice, date night ideas, and well-wishes for the couple and put them in a basket at their guest book table.
- Something you don’t see at a wedding very often — photos from their original wedding day. What a special touch for those who couldn’t attend!
- The photo booth was so well thought-out. Layered with a wood backdrop and flowered poles in front, then personalized with a white frame, it was a hit all night!
We could go on and on, but you get the idea. 🙂
I hope your 1-year anniversary wedding was more than what you hoped for! Hitch Studio was so excited to be a part of this celebration! Thank you and best wishes for all the years of your marriage. We love you!!
The amazing wedding vendors that made this happen:
VENUE: Sylvan Lake Lawn + Auditorium
OFFICIANT: Coalt Robinson
FLORIST: Jenny’s Floral
DJ: Complete Weddings + Events
CAKE: Sweet Secrets Bakery
DONUTS: Jerry’s Cakes and Donuts
CATERER: Sylvan Lake/Custer State Park
PHOTOGRAPHER: Cadey Reisner Photography
VIDEOGRAPHER: Rolling Prairie Productions
MAKEUP + HAIR: Boho Beauty
WEDDING PLANNER: Renee Bauman // Hitch Studio