It is getting close to the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas! Soon the snow will be falling, and you and your company or family will start wondering how you are going to plan a successful and cheerful holiday party between all the craziness of the holiday season. Well lucky for you, Hitch Studio has got you covered!
Decoration Tips for your Holiday Party
The holidays should not be a stressful time so let us help you out! We recently did a Christmas styled shoot at the new Ben Franklin Event Hall downtown Brookings! It is a gorgeous modern venue that would be perfect for a family or corporate holiday party! We decided to do a red, gold, and wood theme with red plaid tablecloths, big snowflakes, garlands, pinecones, and candles. These simple centerpieces transformed the space into a cozy Christmas dream.
Some tips for decorating for holiday parties:
- Use a color palette and style! Christmas tartan plaid? Black and gold? Deep pine green and navy blue? Pick a color theme with a metallic accent color like gold, silver, or rose gold and carry it throughout your event!
- Use candle lighting on your tables. Lighting that comes from the table-height up is always more flattering and intimate than lighting coming from the top down (like ceiling lights).
- Send invitations to your event. Hitch Studio can help design Christmas party invitations to fit your theme.
- Appeal to all five senses as you plan your holiday party. Consider using fresh pine in some of your centerpieces for that amazing smell of the holidays, decorate so it’s beautiful to the eyes, serve fun foods, use cloth napkins and have fun interactions planned to appeal to touch, and play some holiday music to set the mood.
- If you need some holiday table decorating help, Hitch Studio is glad to do all the work for you!
To see more holiday parties Hitch Studio has decorated and planned take a look at these:
Inspiration for Activities at your Christmas Party
Here is some extra inspiration to get creative with your holiday parties! Consider doing any combination of these activities:
- Add a hot chocolate bar to your party with all the fixings
- Cookie decorating party
- Make a wreath during your gathering and get crafty
- Create a signature Christmas cocktail for the adult guests
- Everyone loves a good gingerbread house decorating contest
- Looking to give back to your community? Have a toy drive incorporated into your Christmas party.
- Do Secret Santa or a White Elephant Gift exchange
- Make the theme an ugly Christmas sweater party! That will be sure you put a smile on the guests’ faces. 😊
- At your corporate party, consider having entertainment (DJ, band, dueling pianos, etc.) to keep your guests completely thrilled! Need help with recommendations for entertainment? Hitch can help with that too.
For help creating your family’s or business’ perfect holiday party to celebrate the cozy and beautiful season, contact Hitch Studio! We would be pleased to take the stress off of your shoulders!