Want an outdoor wedding ceremony near Brookings, South Dakota?! Now there’s a new venue in Elkton!
Hi, my name is Karen Nelson. Renee asked me to write a little something about our place located east of Brookings. As I sat down to pencil a few paragraphs on “The Gazebo at Enoch Farm”, my mind began to go through many, many fond memories of the past 34 years! You see, something like this just didn’t happen overnight! Enoch Farm and its many buildings, gardens, gazebo, pastures, and quiet settings came from a vision coupled with a lot of hard work, trials and tribulations! Steve and I began our journey together on Enoch Farm 34 years ago this December 30, 2016!
Having seven children within the first fifteen years of marriage kept us extremely busy raising our kids, all the while picking away at renovating our unpretentious acreage. Together, our vision was to restore all the weather-worn buildings on the property and to have each building somewhat functional and serving a purpose. It has been such a blessing that Steve and, I along with our five sons and two daughters have been able to do most of the work here on Enoch Farm — whether it be landscaping, craftsmanship, hospitality, graphics, photography, lawn care, interior design, plants & trees, painting, cleaning, to a total restoration of a building.
There have been many seasons in our life as a family, and thank God for seasons, right? Seasons bring a fresh and inviting change; it brings a different climate! The colors change drastically, and the sun rises and sets in different places in the east and west! With every changing season, we always seem to adapt, and we always embrace the newness in the air! I believe Enoch Farm is in a season of opening up our farm to people who or looking for an unique get away with a countryside setting or simply want to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and linger in the presence of that new season in their life! Come and find a piece of rest and solitude as you experience “The Gazebo at Enoch Farm”.
Some events we have hosted out here on Enoch Farm have been:
- Women’s Group Luncheons
- Church Leadership Meetings
- Christmas Banquets
- Cookie Exchange
- Garden Parties
- Prayer Group Meetings
- Bible Studies
- Birthday Parties
- Family Reunions
- Workshops (Painting, Scrapbooking, Journaling)
- Dance Workshops
- Tent Revival Meetings
We have so much to offer a group! We can do brunches, lunches, snacks, dessert bars, or if you choose, you can even cater it all in. Steve and I feel that one of our God-given talents is the gift of hospitality! Let us have an opportunity to exercise that with you and your next event! Hope to talk with you soon!
Steve and Karen Nelson
21769 485th Ave
Eltkon, SD 57026
Some other details about Enoch Farm include:
- Capacity: 100-400 (outside wedding venue) 100 (inside venue- Upper Room- 2nd floor in barn)
- Special Rules: No unsupervised children, no unattended open flames
- Bathrooms: 2 outdoor bathrooms with shower (handicap accessible)
- Rentals Included: 50 – 75 brown folding chairs (but you can rent your own tables, linens and chairs)
- Fans: Fans included in cabin and Upper Room of Barn. A/C in Main house and Guest House
- Noise Ordiance/End Time: Dance ends at midnight — out by 1am
- Catering Options: Will do desserts, soups & sandwiches, salads, coffees, teas, punch for events such as showers, banquets, birthday parties, gift openings, etc.
- Cost: Please inquire
- Set-up/Take-down: Set up 1-3 days prior to event, tear down day after
- Parking: Adequate with assistance
- Amentities: Playground for children, firepit, Basketball court for dancing with Bistro lighting, Garden Kitchen with Refrigerator and Freezer, Officiants, Camping, RV hookups (electrical hookup only, no sewer). We would have to charge extra to use the following: White Tent (40′ x 60′- seats 200 ) Guest House, Shalom Cabin, access to the main house w/Master Bedroom suite/bathroom, Sound System, Upper Room in Barn (could be used for groomsmen etc). Also, as far as being officiants, Karen and Steve usually get an honorarium for doing that as well.