Being the perpetual learners we are, Carrie and Renee from Hitch Design Studio attended the top wedding conference in the nation, Wedding MBA! Sure, we’re wedding planners and stationers from Brookings, SD, but we’re bringing you the best trends for 2015 straight from Las Vegas!
We heard speakers from TheKnot, WeddingWire, Martha Stewart Weddings and more. Tons more. Here’s a masup of what we learned from each:
ABOUT THE 2015 BRIDE:
- The average age to get married across the country is 29 (females) and 31 (males).
- 77% are college educated
- 76% are employed
- Their household income average is $89,000
- 23% hire a wedding planner
ABOUT THE 2015 WEDDING TRENDS:
- Outdoor wedding venues with down-to-earth ambiance
- Bold colors are in (like jewel tones, deep red + copper, bistro lights + gold accents,
- Leafy centerpieces and bouquets
- Feather accents on everything from the wedding invitations to the cake
- Cap sleeves and two-pieces dresses
- Food will be the center of attention (Moscow Mule mugs are taking the place of mason jars for signature drinks at the bar)
- Personally branded touches throughout the wedding with monograms
- Carrying out old traditions with a new twist
- Having an “unplugged” ceremony, but encouraging guests to Instagram the reception
- After-parties will get bigger and better
- Brides are increasingly buying a third dress to wear at these after-parties
WORDS THAT DESCRIBE WEDDINGS IN 2015:
- Meaningful + An experience
- Outdoorsy + Natural
- Modern +Outgoing
- Glamorous +Formal
- Sexy + Fun
- Classy + Vintage
- Elegant +Casual
We plan to bring each and every one of these new styles to South Dakota with us! (But, of course, put our own South Dakota twist to it.) Check out the reception ideas we brought to life in 2014. We can’t wait to see what trends that YOU bring to US in 2015 (because that’s our favorite part of wedding planning)! If you’re interested, you can also see what brides are saying about us on our WeddingWire review page.
p.s. While our Wedding MBA conference was ending, there was a world-wide body-building conference just setting up at the Las Vegas Convention Center. There was a whole lotta neck going on in there.
p.p.s. We also got invited to TheKnot’s 80’s party! As an added bonus, you can enjoy THIS little gem of a souvenir. 🙂