Have you seen some amazing personalized details from weddings — and now you want to leave the same memorable impression with your guests on your wedding day? We agree! Let’s do it.
We’ve seen everything from programs that read like a newspaper (because the groom was a journalist) to little bottles of Scotch because that was the couple’s signature drink. We’ve seen fortune tellers, portrait artists, mad libs, build-your-own food stations, kids’ activity tables, baby tree saplings given as favors, and even welcome bags left on each guest’s hotel room pillow when they arrive. Maybe you love these ideas, but you want to make them your own. We agree. Let’s put a personal touch on your unique wedding day.
Here are 10 questions to ask yourselves to make sure your wedding day includes personal and memorable details:
- Where did you meet? Does it have special meaning that you want recreate? (We had one couple who got engaged in a hot air balloon, so we put hot air balloons on their invitations and made some for their reception! Notice the baskets of Oreos — their favorite treat– as the basket for the hot air balloon.)
- What are your hobbies? What do you enjoy doing together in your free time? How do you spend your time together? (Besides all this wedding planning!)
- What is a favorite vacation you’ve taken? (Maybe instead of table numbers, you name your tables all the places you’ve been together.) Here are some travel-themed party ideas you could incorporate into your special day!
- What is your favorite time of year (and colors)?
- What do you love to do together? What defines you as a couple and makes your friends say “Yep. That’s so THEM.”?)
- What’s your favorite foods, drinks and snacks? (Perhaps a hot chocolate bar or build-your-own waffle station?)
- What are 2-3 things that are most important to you about your wedding day? Do you have special requests?
- How do you want your reception to feel when guests arrive? (Cozy, fun, entertaining, casual? Remember, if people are hungry, thirsty, hot or cold, they won’t enjoy themselves as much as they could.)
- What are some other things you love as a couple?
- Why are these such important factors?
If you hire Hitch to help with your wedding planning, we make sure all your ideas come to life. Contact us for our fun wedding worksheets so you can build your own wedding styling package. We can make it happen. We even have wedding rentals that are available to you to make sure your vision comes true along with the Wedding Day Designer that will soon become your best friend! Let’s get Hitched.
Here are some fun ideas our brides have done this year: