If you’re a bride or marketing manager looking for a unique, outdoor, “getaway” retreat kind of wedding or business meeting, join us on October 16, 2016 for the Countryside Soiree! It’s the second annual event hosted by Hitch Studio, showcasing five different rural and scenic event venues. The open-house style tour is from 3:30-7:00 p.m. and you can tour as many or as few locations as you’d like! Featured this year are three barns, one lodge and one farm for your special event.
Attend the event and receive a welcome bag, treats and drinks at each location and be entered in to win some great door prizes from Hitch Studio (including $500 off a wedding/event planning package!) We’re also decorating two tables at each venue to show off some of our wedding decorating skills and centerpiece options!
For more information and to see a map of locations, go to our Countryside Soiree landing page.
A list of the venues on this year’s tour:
• Good Roots Barn — 3712 Medary Ave., Brookings, SD (Go 1.5 miles north on Medary, turn east into farm)
• Egger’s Barn — 21609 469th Ave., Brookings, SD (Head south on Main Ave. [Hwy 77] and go 3 miles south. At the fork in the road, take the curve to the right [Sinai Road] and head west for 2 miles. Turn south onto 469th Ave. and the barn is the first driveway on the right.)
• Bennett’s Barn — 47439 214th St, Aurora, SD (1.5 miles west of Aurora. From Hwy 14 toward Aurora, turn south onto 475th, turn west onto 214th, go west for 2 miles, turn south into farm)
• Oak Wood Lakes Lodge — 46075 204th St., Bruce, SD. (From Hwy 14 toward Volga/Bruce, turn north onto 466th Ave. Drive 7 miles, turn west onto 204th St. for 3 miles. OWL is on the south side of the road, directly adjacent to Oakwood Lakes. Only 17 miles from Brookings.)
• The Gazebo at Enoch Farms — 21769 485th Ave., Elkton, SD. (From Interstate 29, take the Elkton exit and head east for 12.5 miles. Turn south onto 485th Ave. into family farm.)
For more details, a printed map, photos of each location, and an information sheet comparing each venue based on capacity, cost, alcohol policies and more, visit www.HitchStudio.com/
DOWNLOAD THE COMPARISON BROCHURE, showing capacities, alcohol policies, contact information for each venue and more!
Last year, we outlined all the perks of each barn in this blog post. Read up on Egger’s Barn, Bennett’s Barn, and Good Root’s Barn!
And just last month, we outlined the perks of “The Gazebo” at Enoch Farm. See photos and read more on this blog post!
That leaves just one of the five venues left to be showcased on our blog. And it seems like a good time to do that.
As noted in the title, it’s the only outdoor venue on the tour that has on-site lodging for you and your guests!
Allow us to introduce Oak Wood Lakes Lodge near Bruce, South Dakota, only 17 miles from Brookings.
FEATURED VENUE: OAK WOOD LAKES LODGE
Location: 46075 204th St., Bruce, SD (only 17 miles from Brookings, South Dakota)
This charming lodge has a large event hall that holds 160 with its provided tables and chairs. It has an upper loft, a bar/rec room, a Four-Seasons room, a large family-style kitchen, a living room/den, and beautiful outdoor ceremony locations. The top perk in our opinion? It comes with a great amount of flexibility, four bedrooms for lodging, four indoor bathrooms, and The Outpost – a private getaway cabin for the bridesmaids and groomsmen to get ready in and the honeymoon suite. (The Outpost has an amazing hand-carved wooden staircase, a built-in bar, and the most charming bedroom set up!) So cool.
Take a look at more features and places inside the OWL!
Contact Hitch Studio for booking information on Oak Wood Lakes Lodge or more details on the Countryside Soiree.