Part 11 of Hitch Studio’s Wedding Day Designer Sneak Peek series!
This series includes sneak peeks of sections directly from the Wedding Day Designer! The Wedding Day Designer is our 148-page all-inclusive wedding planner, including checklists, timelines, tips, and more. Buy the full wedding planner HERE!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR DECORATOR:
• Is our wedding date available? How far in advance do we need to book with you?
• How many events do you book on a particular weekend? How many events do you book per year?
• Have you styled our venue before? Do you have any suggestions or tips for us?
• What do you do differently from other décor companies? Why should we book with you?
• Are you going to be the lead from start to finish? Does the design staff stay throughout the event?
• What should we expect from our wedding decorator? What is your communication style?
• What is the cutoff date that we can no long make any changes to décor decisions?
• How much do you charge? What kind of packages do you offer and what do they all include?
• Are there any fees for transporting large items or travel and/or board fees?
• Do you charge a design fee outside of the actual design itself?
• What do we own after the event? (Example: Are the fresh flowers ours to take home?)
• Do you have event/liability insurance?
• What is the deposit and final payment plan for the entire bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
• What is your cancelation/refund policy?
• When will we receive the contract? (Make sure to get everything in writing in the final contract.)
• Can we see the images of your past work? Do you have references to ask about style?
• How many decorators will be setting up for our wedding? Do you do this full-time?
• Do the decorators like to take complete control or will they welcome our ideas and participation?
• Will you make a room layout and diagram the décor, tables, locations of head table, cake table, etc.?
• Do you provide the décor, vases, candles, etc.? Can you rent additional décor?
• Who places the rental order? Do they work well with a florist who may be bringing fresh flower centerpieces?
• What are your suggestions for lighting the room correctly? How will you convey your final design?
• How long will it take for delivery, set-up, take down, and pick up? Do you pick up on the same day?
• How long do you need to set up?
• If your crew is working through lunch or dinner, will they want/require a meal during that time?
• What’s your backup plan?
What to prepare for your wedding decorator
• Tell them about and bring any special decor that you want incorporated. (Special flowers you found, bottles you made, vases from your grandmother, monogrammed signage, etc.)
• As your decorator, do you want them to do anything else since they have an eye for design? Put on your cake topper, place your custom napkins or chargers, hang lights or fabric from walls or ceiling, put on and take off chair covers and sashes, place your favors, design your head table, style your grand entrance/archway, arrange your escort name cards alphabetically or by table number, etc.
• Ask them and your photographer to take professional photos of your wedding decor so you have them as treasured memories. (You may not get to see your finished venue before guests arrive!)
• Send them a timeline of your day.
For more wedding planning tips, buy the Wedding Day Designer HERE!