Part 12 of Hitch Studio’s Wedding Day Designer Sneak Peek series!
This series includes sneak peeks of sections directly from the Wedding Day Designer! The Wedding Day Designer is our 148-page all-inclusive wedding planner, including checklists, timelines, tips, and more. Buy the full wedding planner HERE!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR MAKEUP AND HAIR STYLISTS:
• Is my wedding date available? How far in advance do I need to book with you?
• How long have you been in business? What is your training and background in hair/makeup?
• Do you have any other commitments on my wedding day?
• Will you be able to cover my ceremony and reception looks? How about my pre-events?
• Are you licensed to work in this state?
• Do you have specific packages and pricing for weddings?
• What’s your rate and what does that include? How many hours?
• Do you charge a travel or location fee? What other travel-related expenses will I need to cover?
• What is the deposit and final payment plan for the entire bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
• What is your cancelation/refund policy?
• When will I receive the contract? (Make sure to get everything in writing in the final contract.)
• What is your style? Can I see pictures of your past work from weddings?
• What size of party can you accommodate on the wedding day? Will you have assistants?
• Which stylist will be doing my hair and makeup?
• How long will the bride’s hair and makeup take compared to the others? How much time should you schedule total to get everyone’s hair and makeup done on time?
• Does the stylist(s) travel to an on-site location (hotel, home, etc.)?
• If you do salon-only styles (and don’t travel on-site) how many bridesmaids can be styled at once?
• What kinds/brands of products do you use? Airbrush?
• Can you apply false lashes? Is that extra?
• Can you do a trial run with me before my wedding for makeup and hair? Will these staff be the same as on the wedding day? Is there an added cost? TIP: Bring your veil along.
• Will you bring your own products (a blow dryer, curling iron and other necessities), or will I be responsible for supplying them?
• I have skin allergies or severe acne. Can you work with me? Can you contour my face? How about covering blemishes or my tattoo?
• How long will you stay on my wedding day? Will you do touch-ups before I walk down the aisle?
• Can you help touch-up my hair after I remove my veil?
• Can we have alcohol in your salon? (Did someone say mimosas?!)
• Do you offer hair extensions?
• Do you have a backup artist/stylist available if you are unable to work on the wedding day?
WHAT TO PREPARE FOR YOUR MAKEUP AND HAIR STYLISTS
• Bring photos of what you want your hair and makeup to look like. Encourage all your bridesmaids, mothers, etc. to do the same.
• Bring payment that morning (ask if they take credit card, check, cash, tips, etc.)
• Bring along any hair accessories to your trial run (hair clips, flower garlands, veil, etc.)
• Consider bringing along extra full-length mirrors for all the ladies getting ready that morning with hair, makeup, dresses, etc.
• Be sure to follow instructions for wedding morning prep. Should your hair be washed? Completely dry? Should you moisturize your skin or come in bare-faced?
• Make a schedule of times for each person getting their hair and makeup done. Make sure to email this out ahead of time so people can arrive on-time and know exactly when they’re up next.
• Send them a timeline of your day.
Want to see more tips and tricks for wedding planning? Buy the Wedding Day Designer HERE!