You probably know Hitch best for our wedding services (invitation design and wedding coordinating), partly because our name lends itself to that notion also. But, we like to think that Hitch has four sturdy “walls” that hold up our business model. We do:
- Wedding Invitations — including save the dates, programs, and more.
- Wedding Planning and Styling — from the church decorations to the reception head table and centerpieces.
- Graphic Design for businesses — ogos, websites, brochures, marketing strategy, etc.
- Retail — In our storefront on Main Ave. Brookings, we sell journals, pens, notecards, cards, bags, mugs, and jewelry.
We like to have four “walls” because if wedding season is slow (November, for example), then our retail items can keep us held up strong with Christmas sales. It’s a well-calculated business plan. Want to know more?
- Wedding Invitations: Hitch Design Studio is unique in that you get to stop in anytime to chat with us about your wedding invitation ideas and browse our gallery of invites, save the dates and programs. You can bring in your Pinterest board and a color swatch of your bridesmaid dresses and an example in a bridal magazine and we take all your inspiration and design you the perfect wedding invitation. It’s completely custom to you. Then, we can design the favor tags, programs, menu cards, reserved signs, and all the details to match! Take a look at some of our favorites:
- Wedding Planning and Wedding Styling: In South Dakota it might seem like a luxury to hire a wedding planner or wedding coordinator when we all have that DIY spirit in us. (Pinterest inspires us all, right?) We love that too! Bring your own centerpieces if you’d like and have your aunt make you pies for the dessert table — we love a personal touch! We specialize in making your day stress free. Even the most organized, particular, stylish bride can’t do it all. And that’s where we can help. Just for that reason, we have wedding styling worksheets instead of pre-set packages. That way, you can choose only the services you need on your day — and in turn, pay for only what you need our help to do. Is putting fabric and lights on that huge head table backdrop a little too daunting? What about hanging all those bistro lights in your tent? Not sure how you’re going to decorate when you can’t get into your reception venue until the morning of your wedding? That’s what we’re here for. Hitch can help with as much as you need us to. Choose any or all of these things as a few examples and ask about getting a copy of our wedding pricing worksheets:
• Line up, set up, take down and return rentals
• Decorate the church and your reception
• Oversee the schedule and vendors for your day, so you can take in everything on your magical day!
• Save you hundreds of hours of research time by knowing the right contacts and the best vendors in all price ranges
• Provide ALL the rental items in our inventory for only $100! Here are some items you have access to! (Including navy table runners, burlap table runners, wine bottles, metal lace collection, metal lanterns, hydrangeas, vases, wood boxes, head table decor, glass bowls, fake candles are more!)
• We are also Event Planners. We can plan your next company Christmas party, summer picnic, big sales event and more.
- Need a graphic designer in Brookings, SD? That would be Hitch Design Studio. We can freshen up your existing logo or create you a completely new branding package. Here are other graphic design projects we can do for you:
• business card design
• logo design
• stationery design
• website design
• brochure design and other marketing collateral
• book cover design
• water color specialty for a logo, pattern or design
• company Christmas card design
• calendar design
• Here are some examples of our work:
- Retail — The perfect place for the perfect gift. We carry products from Kate Spade (whoo!), Jonathan Adler, Elum, Rifle Paper Co, and jewelry from Opaque Lion and Mama Peacock. We’re proud to say that we personally know almost every vendor in our store (Mellen, Lionheart, Pencil Shavings, Lifeguard Press) and love to support local artists to give them an avenue to sell their art. These are gifts you can’t find anywhere else in Brookings. From mugs and notecards to fancy pens, jewelry and cards for all occasions — stop into Hitch Design Studio at 315 Main Avenue today.
If you have any questions or inquiries about other things we do at Hitch, let us know! We have an internship program, a vendor program, and we’re involved in many organizations in the Brookings community, including MasterMinds group, 1 Million Cups, Downtown Brookings, Inc. and SDSU. We’re happy to help in any way we can.