Wedding stationery like save the dates and invitations are the first glimpses guests get of your wedding day style and colors. If you’re looking for a way to make your wedding stationery stand out, consider any of these embellishments or extras.
If you want to see a full gallery of wedding invitation options from Hitch Studio, click here. Otherwise, we LOVE a custom design project, so feel free to bring in your Pinterest board for inspiration and your color swatches and we’ll design something you love!
Hitch Studio has three graphic designers on staff located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Brookings, South Dakota and we’ll design anything you have in mind! Let’s take your idea and make it…magic.
- Hand-lettered calligraphy and drawings. When you find a calligrapher you love, you hold on tight. And that’s just what we did. These invitations are hand-lettered by calligraphy artist Jamie Morin Designs. Look at the intricacy of her work! And those flourishes accented in gold on the envelope?! We’re so in love. But what puts these invitations over the top is her hand-drawing of Downtown Brookings. She can draw flowers, landscapes, and anything that is symbolic of your big day. Digitized calligraphy on ocean blue metallic paper with white ink? Yes, PLEASE!
- Floral graphics. When you want a little pop of color on your invitations, consider using a floral graphic. Realistic flowers, wintery pine, or colorful watercolor blooms can make a beautiful statement on your stationery. Plus, it’s an easy and memorable image to carry through to all your pieces! We even know a watercolor artist if you want really custom watercolor images!
- Crystal brads and tone-on-tone ink. We’re in LOVE with this printing process! We used 165# cover paper (really thick, beautiful black paper) to print white ink and black ink directly on it. The shiny ink on matte paper makes it easy to read and so timeless. To add a finishing touch, these 3-page invitations and 2-page programs were complete with a silver crystal brad in the corner holding them together! When we say it’s all in the details, we mean it.
- Fun envelope color. When you’re sending a very classic wedding invitation, maybe the statement piece is the envelope it arrives in. Consider having your outer or inner envelope be a fun color. In this case, they chose gold with their return address printed on the back flap.
- Pockets. This two-sided pocket doesn’t fold out like some, but instead flips over to reveal a pocket for your insert cards! Another fun detail this invitation set has? A custom drawn map with directions to the venue, a schedule of events for the day, and recommended activities for the weekend. If you want custom details, we’re here to give them to you!
We can’t wait to hear all about your wedding so we can create a masterpiece of a first impression for you. After all, that’s what embellishments on invitations can do. Contact Hitch Studio today to get started!