We love a great love story. That’s why we do what we do.
It’s the biggest, most detailed day of your life, and you may have some questions for your wedding planner. You can call us wedding coordinators, wedding stylists, or wedding planners, but regardless of our title, you can expect professionalism, expertise, and grace from us at Hitch Studio if you hire us to help with your wedding day.
Here are some of the most common questions we get. We hope they shed some light on what to expect when you become a “Hitch bride”! When you book your first FREE appointment with Hitch, feel free to ask us any of these questions! We’ll be ready with the answers that fit your wedding perfectly. We answered them briefly below, but we’re happy to explain our answers when we meet!
- How many meetings should we plan to have? 3-5
- What exactly do you do before and during my wedding day? As much planning and decorating as you need us to!
- What is your fee? Call Hitch Studio at 605-592-9072 to inquire about pricing that fits your wedding day needs!
- Do you have a portfolio with photos of past weddings you’ve planned? Yes, you can see them on Facebook or our website.
- Do you have a business license? Yes.
- How long have you been in business? Since February, 2014.
- Are you wedding planner certified? Yes.
- What details won’t you handle? Check with us! Maybe the dress fitting…and the guest list. 😉
- Can I contact you via phone, email or text? Yes, you certainly can. All three methods are fine.
- Do you recommend vendors? Yes, we have a “top 5 list” of preferred vendors in each category, ranging in price. It’s our job to share that with you!
- Do you like to take complete control or do you welcome our ideas and participation? It’s YOUR wedding day and we want your ideas and participation to make it personal and perfect!
- Will you be on-hand the day of our wedding? Yes, there will always be a certified wedding planner on hand the day of your wedding.
- How many people on your staff will be at the wedding? We like to staff 4-5 people on average per wedding.
- How long has your staff worked with you? We’ve employed over 20 associates over 4.5 years. We love working with ambitious, polite, eager, visionaries!
- How will you and your staff be dressed? We wear all black and dress as nicely as if we were a guest at your wedding.
- Do you have liability insurance? Yes.
- How can I make payments? A 50% down payment secures your wedding date in our calendar. The next payment is due at 90 days, and the last payment isn’t due until 15 days AFTER your wedding. So go enjoy that honeymoon and we’ll take care of the last payment when you get back.
- What is your cancellation policy? It’s listed in detail in our contract. Ask to see a copy and we’re happy to share.
- Do you have references? Yes, we’ve worked with over 55 couples. Any of them (or their parents) would be great references!
- What happens if you’re ill on our wedding day? We have a staff of 4-5 people who have access to every detail of your wedding and will be well-equipped to handle your day in the unfortunate change one of us is ill. Plus, Hitch Studio employs two certified wedding planners, so chances are, you’ll be in good hands no matter what!
- Do you require meals? Not unless you book a 3 Carat package — and even then, providing us meals are optional.
- Will you travel if necessary? Does it cost extra? Yes, we travel! Did someone say Tahiti?! Yes, we do charge a mileage fee and a hotel fee if the location is more than 90 miles from Brookings, SD.
To answer your biggest question, yes, we style your tables to match your overall look and theme, and set it all up before your wedding so you don’t have to buy, store, set up, or worry about 30 tables of decorations! The best part, we take them all down after your dance so you don’t have to. Plus, all your decor is INCLUDED in our pricing! You can decorate your entire reception at no extra cost than our most basic package. We have a huge selection of decorations and colors to choose from. And that’s just the 1 Carat level.
A 2 Carat level gets you a “centerpiece showcase” also, where you get to preview and choose exactly which centerpieces you love on your tables and head table backdrop! We’re there for your ceremony and can help transfer your programs, card box, guest book, In Memory bouquet, and unity ceremony all back to the reception for you. Level 2 is the closest thing to a day-of coordinator. We can help set up chairs, tables, linens, put out desserts (like cheesecakes that need to be refrigerated until the perfect time) and can help guest with the seating chart at dinner, etc.
A 3 Carat level is a bit more involved. It’s the closest thing to a full wedding planning services. We’re there decorating, keeping your wedding on schedule, helping with the ceremony processional, confirming arrival times with vendors, coordinating any set up and take down, and helping you attend or choose any vendors or venues. We’re ALL IN. Plus, we do everything from levels 1 + 2!
Contact Renee Bauman or Taylor Livingston at Hitch Studio today for any wedding planning questions you have. Call or email for your free appointment! The first meeting is complimentary. We just want to hear all about your wedding!