Part 10 of Hitch Studio’s Wedding Day Designer Sneak Peek series!
This series includes sneak peeks of sections directly from the Wedding Day Designer! The Wedding Day Designer is our 148-page all-inclusive wedding planner, including checklists, timelines, tips, and more. Buy the full wedding planner HERE!
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CEREMONY VENUE:
• Is our wedding date available? How far in advance do we need to reserve our date?
• How many weddings do you allow within a day?
• How many people can this location accommodate comfortably?
• What kinds of fun features does the space have?
• Does the venue have changing areas for the bride, groom, and/or wedding party to get ready in before the ceremony? Can belongings be secured there? What time is it available?
• If the ceremony is outdoors, what is the space like? What is the outdoor/weather backup plan?
• How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
• Do we need to obtain a permit for anything?
• What is the rental fee for this space? Is it a donation to the venue/church or a standard fee?
• How many hours does the rental fee include? Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer?
• What is all included with the venue? (Chairs, microphones, archway/pergola, tables for use?)
• Do you carry liability insurance?
• What is the deposit and final payment plan for the entire bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
• What is your cancelation/refund policy?
• When will I receive the contract? (Make sure to get everything in writing in the final contract.)
• Do our vows need to be approved?
• Are there any rules on wedding attire such as the bride’s dress style?
• Are there restrictions regarding religion?
• Is there an officiant available? Are outside officiants or ministers allowed?
• Are there any special rules for the photographers, videographers or musicians?
Vendors + Staffing
• Do you offer any on-site coordination? What services are included? Is there an additional charge?
• Can I hire my own vendors or is there a preferred vendor list? (Musicians etc.)
• What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
Décor + Rentals
• Are we allowed to bring in our own decorations?
• What décor is part of the venue already (Christmas, autumn etc.)? (Keep this in mind when planning your own decorations so they won’t clash.)
• Does the venue have an inventory of décor (lighting, candle holders, vases, etc.) we can borrow?
• Are there restrictions on how the ceremony area may be decorated? Can we hang items from the pews/chairs or from the ceilings or walls? Are rose petals (real or fake), candles, rice, or bubbles allowed?
• Can we move things around or do I have to leave everything as is?
• Do you provide the chairs? Do you set up the chairs? Is there an additional fee?
• Is there adequate electricity at the site?
• Is there any type of music or sound system available for use?
• Is there proper access for disabled or elderly guests?
• Are there adequate restrooms for my guests? If in a park, do we need to rent portable restrooms?
• Is there enough parking for my guests? Is it free?
• Do you provide heaters and/or umbrellas for the outdoor spaces?
• Is alcohol allowed at the site?
• Is the location accessible by limo or shuttle busses?
• Will the venue be open to the public during the ceremony?
• Do you have signage or other aids to direct guests to my event?
What to prepare for your ceremony venue
• Are you having a unity ceremony or guest book table? Do you need a table, easel, linen for those?
• Do you need to rent chairs for your ceremony? Does the venue provide chairs? Who will set them up?
• Are you having a welcome sign or photo of you and your fiance? What do you need for that? Easels?
• Who will be greeting guests and handing out programs?
• Who will be giving the cue to the musicians to transition through your songs (processional, bride’s processional, unity song, recessional, etc.)
• Are you having bubbles, wands, bells or any other send-off item? Who will bring those and hand those out? Do you need a basket or vase to put those in?
• Do you have a card box ready? Who will bring that to the reception?
• Are you setting up an arbor? Who will decorate that and take it down after the ceremony? Do you want it set up for the rehearsal?
• Are you having a receiving line? Where/how will that take place?
• Are you doing a “first look” with your fiance? If so, does the ceremony space have a good spot for that?
• What’s the distance between the ceremony and the reception? Did you factor that into the timeline?
Want to see more questions for wedding vendors? The Wedding Day Designer is 148 pages packed full of wedding planning information, written by an expert Certified Wedding Planner. The Wedding Day Designer can be purchased here!