As a wedding planner, I want to offer you ALL the tips I can so you feel completely ready for your wedding day! What better way than offering photography tips for the morning of your wedding?! I asked an amazing photographer in Brookings, South Dakota, Chelsea Jean Photography, to offer her advice.
Grab a glass of wine and take some notes, because these tips are wonderful. Here we go!
After almost a decade of shooting weddings, Chelsea Jean Photography has some basic ‘Morning Of The Wedding’ tips that you and your photographer will be VERY thankful you did:
- Make sure the bride is not last for hair and make-up. She doesn’t have to be first, but she can be doing photos and relaxing while others are getting ready. Plus, that allows some time flexibility in case her hair or makeup take longer/shorter than originally planned.
- Try to have the Mother of the Bride and all bridesmaids dressed and ready before the bride puts on her dress. That way, in all the photos of the bride buttoning her dress, putting on her veil, attaching the back of an earring, the bridal team who is helping her is looking dressed and fabulous in the photos as well.
- Pick a clean room with big windows and neutral walls to get ready in and have a cute, preferably large, mirror as well. This allows you and your wedding party to get ready together, but also for the photographer to have a good backdrop to use for your photos.
- Keep room clutter to a minimum. This seems small, but there will be multiple make-up bags, suitcases, breakfast plates, phones, etc. and it can become messy and overwhelming. You don’t want to lose your favorite lip gloss the day of your wedding! Plus, the less clutter in photos, the better.
- The bride will be busy, so tell the bridesmaids or personal attendants where the following items are: wedding dress, wedding shoes, garter, jewelry, purse, perfume, personalized hanger, wedding invitation (and envelopes), wedding rings, bouquet, note/gift for the groom, handkerchief, any other sentimental items (if applicable). Your photographer will use these in the ‘detail’ photos before the bride gets dressed. These are also items you want to make sure are all accounted for. You can always put a wedding coordinator like Hitch Studio in charge of gathering all these things so they are ready for the photographer!
- Lastly, pick a cute, comfy outfit to get ready in! (A cute robe, a button down shirt, comfy pants or shorts…whatever makes you feel glamorous, but is also easy to get up over your hair and makeup when it’s time to get dressed.
Read them now, plan ahead to schedule these tips, and you will thank yourself for years to come! Do you need more tips to schedule on your day? We highly recommend the Wedding Day Designer! It’s a beautiful day and you might as well make it easier and less stressful if you can. Happy planning & many years of happiness to you gorgeous brides!
XO, Chelsea Jean