Hitch Studio wants your wedding to have a cohesive design. Everything from the decor on your tables to your welcome signage to your save the dates, programs, and invitations should coordinate with your wedding colors and style. As trained graphic designers who can design anything you have your heart set on, that’s our goal!
It’s free to meet with Hitch Studio. Come on in to our office in Brookings, South Dakota and see our wide variety of invitation options! But that’s just the starting point. Our shelves of stationery are just your inspiration. We LOVE it when you bring dress color swatches, your fiance, and pictures of invitation designs you love. We talk about what you like about them and then we start putting together a custom quote. Together, we pick out the perfect paper samples and look at envelope colors. We talk about adding on a ribbon closure or a laser-cut pocket or a gate-folded folder. We talk about your RSVP options and any enclosure cards. Do you want to add gold foil or white ink? Do you want someone to do hand-calligraphy on your envelopes? Do you want your guest addresses printed on each envelope? We talk about ways to save you money. You get one-on-one attention to make sure your invitations look exactly how you want them to — because when guests receive your invitation in the mail, it’s the first impression you’re making for what they can expect on your wedding day. Let’s impress them.
Here’s how it works:
- Schedule your free appointment with Hitch Studio for your wedding invitations, save the dates, or programs. (Or all of them if you want all the designs to coordinate!) Did we mention you get to enjoy a beverage when you arrive also? Online websites don’t offer that. 😉 We’ll walk through options that fit your budget and style.
- Once you’ve chosen the fonts, paper, envelope color, and embellishments you want, we put together a price quote for you. We offer services like assembling your invitations for you (if you have pieces that get mounted to a backing card, etc.), we offer to print your return address or your guest addresses on the envelopes, we offer to design a custom map of your ceremony-to-reception locations, we offer to mail them for you or print rehearsal dinner invitations that match. Do you want custom wording for a sensitive situation? We’ll talk about all of it.
- Review the emailed quote and make sure it includes everything you wanted. When you’re ready, make a 50% down payment by paying online with a credit card or paying with cash or check. That’s our green light to start ordering paper, envelopes, and START DESIGNING!
- Then we send you a questionnaire with 10 basic questions on it (like “Do you want to include your middle names?” “Do you want to list your parents’ names as hosts?” “Do you want to list meal selections?” “What is your wedding website?” etc. With those answers, we start designing your options.
- You get a minimum of three design options to choose from! Sometimes we go overboard and design more than three because we just can’t help ourselves. They’re turning out too pretty not to show you ALL the concepts we came up with! Plus, some couples are more specific and know exactly what they want, so three proofs is the perfect amount for them.
- Once you’ve chosen your favorite proof from our online PDFs and have made any changes you see, then you get a printed proof. That way, you can see how large (and easy to read) the font will be, how your color is turning out when printed, and how the paper fits into the envelope. At that time, you still have time to make any changes you’d like.
- Finally, when the printed proof has your approval, we PRINT EVERYTHING! You receive your perfect wedding invitations in a beautiful white box tied with a ribbon of love. Because we love what we do. You’ll all receive the individual pieces, or, if you wanted Hitch to assemble them all, you’ll receive stationery that’s ready to seal and mail (we can even put postage on envelopes for you!).
- In a few months after that, we reach out about a stationery timeline for starting your program design, name/meal cards, wedding signage, cupcake flavor signs and anything else you want to match!
If you have any questions about this process, reach out to Hitch Studio anytime! We’re happy to answer any questions even before we meet! Don’t live close to Brookings? We’ve had stationery consultations over video calls too! Click here to see some samples in our wedding stationery gallery.
Take a look at some of these Wildflower invitations proofs we’ve done — and these dusty purple save the dates. These are examples of what you might get for a proof!