We can help! Laura + Eric’s colors style was so beautiful!
Are you thinking about using gold? Copper? Use both and mix your metals! Hitch Studio decorated with both gold AND copper chargers!
Are you thinking about burgundy or gold cloth napkins? Use both and mix your fabrics! Hitch Studio used both napkins under our chargers!
Are you thinking of combining rustic with fall chic? Do both! We used lanterns, antlers, copper trays, AND romantic candles and blush flowers.
Are you thinking of using blush pink flowers or fall-colored flowers? Use both! Look at this amazing mix of colors and styles.
Laura and Eric got married on October 5, 2019 on the windiest day of the year! Windy and wonderful.
They held their ceremony and reception at the Oakwood Lakes Lodge in Bruce, SD, which had the perfect place for a tent AND an indoor dance!
We held their ceremony on the grassy plains behind Oakwood Lakes Lodge and then guests came into the lodge for appetizers and drinks! When the time was perfect, we escorted guests out to the tent for dinner, complete with a beautiful head table…and space heaters. Then, guests got to loop inside for dinner buffet and a whole table of desserts!
They spent the night dancing inside the lodge and it was the perfect start to their happily ever after.
What do you do when it’s too windy and cold to have parts of your wedding outdoors?
• We moved the guest book and In Memory table inside the lodge.
• The groom pounded stakes into the live plants decorating their ceremony.
• We rented heaters to put inside the tent to keep guests toasty.
• We set up the ceremony chairs again…and again…and again as they blew down. Finally, we set up the chairs RIGHT before the ceremony and it was perfect!
• We set up extra chairs in the dance area so people could sit and chat if they wanted to.
• We used battery-powered flameless candles so nothing could blow out.
What happens when you get married in a tent on a really windy day? You adapt. You hire a wedding planner to plan for that…and you make it work!
Would you like to see other tent weddings Hitch has decorated for? Check them out below:
Are you wanting more help planning your wedding? Buy the Wedding Day Designer! It’s your step-by-step companion in planning the perfect wedding.