Are you looking for new, trendy wedding ideas for your upcoming big day?! I think every couple would agree they want some pieces of their wedding to be memorable and special. What’s hot this year? You’re about to find out! We’ll cover things from flowers to
- We haven’t seen these in person yet…YET. But we’re in love with these succulent roses! While fresh flowers are always popular, this offers the perfect combination of floral and greenery (literally) rolled into one! Renee predicts these are going to trend in 2020.
- Getting creative with your photographer. Most photographers love capturing your true personalities in photos. Of course, you’ll want the classic, traditional photos, but why not do some creative shots that will make you smile forever! Look at this photo in the South Dakota State University football stadium with Kalli and Josh! Photo by Erica Lynn Photography of Brookings, SD.
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again…these overflowing dessert tables will never go out of style! This one features cupcakes in multiple flavors and wedding cake. We’ve seen cake pops, cheesecakes, donuts, mini pies, and everything in between. Wedding guests will love the bite-sized variety!
- Online planning! According to an article by WeddingWire, 89% of couples are turning to the internet to make their plans for the big day! They are spending 4-6 hours a day on their phones and 15 hours a week wedding planning on their devices! What else did WeddingWire have to say about Brookings weddings? Take a look at these statistics.
- It’s all about the experience! Rather than focusing on a theme, many brides and grooms are more focused on giving their guests an amazing experience and feel in all aspects of their big day! Do you have a fun idea you’re doing at your wedding? Share in the comments. Sixty-five percent of couples say that the guest experience is a top priority for them. And it’s no wonder when money spent per guest is at an all-time high ($250/guest on average); extra guest entertainment has tripled in the past 10 years (11% to 38%); and 44% of weddings were three days or more!
- After-party wedding dresses are hardly “trendy” anymore. We love seeing brides change into a second dress! And this Brides.com article agrees.
- Having a creative unity ceremony! Check out our blog to read some fun ideas.
- Living in the Midwest? Having your wedding in the off-season or on a day like Friday or Sunday are becoming more popular. I’m helping to coordinate two Sunday weddings just this year. Having your wedding in the winter months can be a fun change for guests. Change it up. Be trendy.
The 2019 Pantone Color of the Year is “Living Coral”. We’re seeing it everywhere and it pairs really nicely with navy. What color are you pairing it with?
Do you want to see ALL the trends we’ve ever posted…like since 2014? These should make your day! 🙂
- Midwest Wedding Trends, June 2014
- Midwest Wedding Trends, December 2014
- Midwest Wedding Trends, June 2015
- Midwest Wedding Trends, December 2015
- Midwest Wedding Trends, June 2016
- Midwest Wedding Trends, December 2016
- Midwest Wedding Trends, June 2017
- Midwest Wedding Trends, December 2017
- Midwest Wedding Trends, June, 2018
- Midwest Wedding Trends, December 2018
- Midwest Wedding Trends, July 2019